Shure SM57 Dynamic Instrument Vocal & Studio MicrophoneShure
The Shure SM57 is a unidirectional dynamic studio microphone, renowned across the world for unparalleled performance when recording vocals, acoustic instruments, drums, percussion, and brass. Its effective cardioid pickup pattern makes the SM57 a superb choice for directional microphone placement, isolating the main sound source and minimising spill and feedback from elsewhere on stage or in the studio environment.
The World’s Most Popular Instrument Microphone
The SM57 is so well regarded that it has been the microphone of choice on the podium of the U.S President for over 40 years. Its outstanding performance, legendary reliability, and diversity of application make this "workhorse" the choice of performers, producers, and sound engineers the world over.
Shure On the SM57
"It’s the most popular choice for a professional musician who wants to mic up their amplified or acoustic instrument such as a guitar amp or bass amp, saxophone, trumpet or drums. It is used on stages and in studios around the world." - Shure
How Does It Sound?
The contoured frequency response with its presence rise, helps the instrument cut better through the main mix. The extremely effective cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and will simply record what you point at it while rejecting sound from the rear.
- Iconic dynamic microphone for live sound and studio recording
- Frequency response tuned to compliment most instruments
- Presence boost at 4 kHz adds clarity and definition
- Built to handle incredibly high sound pressure levels
- Cardioid polar pattern rejects background noise
- Pneumatic shock mount minimises vibration and handling noise
- Flat grille for close micing against drumheads and guitar cabs
- Legendary Shure reliability and build quality
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 40Hz - 15kHz
- Sensitivity: -56.00 dBV/Pa - 1.60 mV/Pa
- Impedance: 150 Ω (310 Ω Actual)
- Connectors: XLR
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 157.0 x 32.0 x 32.0 mm
- Weight: 284 g