Alto Professional TX212S 12" 900W Powered Active Subwoofer PA SpeakerAlto Professional
The Alto TX212S is the latest addition to the TX Series loudspeaker line up, delivering a thunderous 900W of low-end performance from a 12" woofer, at an affordable price point.
The Alto TX212S subwoofer features a band-pass design and a rugged, long-excursion woofer mounted in a solidly braced ported enclosure, computer-optimised for powerful low-frequency performance.
The TX212S is the perfect pairing for any of Alto's TX2 Series Speakers like the TX210, TX212 and TX215. It even features a handy DSP output mode, so you can simply toggle between optimal settings depending on which speaker you're using the subwoofer with. If you have an Alto Professional TX2 loudspeaker, using the correct setting will allow your loudspeaker and TX212S to be time-aligned, crossed over at the ideal frequency and level-matched.
The enclosure is made from Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF). This strong, resonant-free material has virtually perfect acoustic characteristics, which ensures that the TX212S subwoofer's output is always clear and impactful. Cheaper enclosure with flex-prone walls rob the speaker of acoustic impact by dissipating the driver’s energy as cabinet vibration. A sturdy, braced MDF enclosure doesn’t waste the driver’s motion as cabinet resonance.
The DSP Output Mode switch on the rear panel of TX212S toggles between six settings that adjust delay, crossover frequency and the level of the XLR outputs.
For precise signal adjustment, TX212S employs Digital Signal Processing (DSP). This feature gives you a cleaner, more accurate sound. The DSP controls EQ, distortion detection/limiting, crossover frequency and signal delay with virtual perfection and without the production variability inherent in analogue filtering.
- High-efficiency Class-D amplifier with 900W of peak power output
- 12'' transducer with a 2'' high-temperature voice coil
- 2 x XLR-1/4'' combo inputs and 2 x balanced XLR line outputs
- XLR outputs with six discreet DSP output modes for ideal matching with full-range speakers
- Polarity Reverse switch and Extended LF switch provide increased EQ control
- Electronic clip, thermal, and transducer overdrive protection
- Rugged internally braced front-ported MDF cabinet
- Integrated 36mm pole socket
- Rugged, mar-resistant splatter-spray finish always looks good, even with heavy use
- Designed and tuned in the USA
- Output Power: 450W (Continuous) / 900W (Peak)
- Transducer: 12'' / 305mmm woofer
- Frequency Response: 46Hz - 115Hz (-3dB)
- Frequency Range: 40Hz - 130Hz (-10dB)
- Maximum SPL: 126dB (at 1m)
- 2 x XLR-1/4'' combo inputs
- 2 x XLR outputs
- 1 x IEC power cable input
- External Controls:
- Volume control
- Signal/clip limiter with LED
- DSP output mode switch with LED
- Polarity-reverse switch with LED
- Extended low-frequency switch with LED
- Power switch with LED
- Electronic Protection:
- Electronic clip protection
- Thermal protection
- Transducer overdrive protection
- Enclosure Material: Internally braced MDF cabinet
- Pole Socket: 36mm (top panel)
- Connection: Standard IEC cable
- Input Voltage: 220-240VAC; 50/60Hz
- Consumption: 500W
- Fuse: T3.15AL AC250V (220-240V)
- Dimensions: 421mm x 403mm x 518mm / 16.6'' x 15.9'' x 20.4'' (H x W x D)
- Weight: 20.1kg / 44.32lbs